Hello, I hear you know how to make resin brownies? I recently cleaned my bowl and got a huge ball of resin. Normally I’d save it for a rainy day when I run out but with 420 coming up I was hoping I could melt it down in some oil. I could use the oil for brownies or whatever then. Any good recipes for getting the most out of the resin?
I have many memories, well sort of (they’re a bit hazy), of scraping out my pipe whenever a pot drought was going on. But, I have no recipes for making resin brownies. I always made hash butter from homegrown buds and used that to cook with. Essentially any box of brownie mix that called for butter was fair game. My favorites involved anything with extra hunks of chocolate and/or walnuts in them.
Pipe resin is basically a buildup of tar sludge with a little THC in it. You can’t make it into hash oil like you could with buds or keif. The closest you can get is to soak your pipe in alcohol to remove the resin from it and then evaporate the alcohol, outside to avoid a buildup of explosive fumes, to harvest the resin oil. Again this is resin oil not hash oil. It works when there is nothing else around and you’re hard up for a high, but it isn’t very good for you.
To make a simple hash butter:
- Use a medium sauce pan to boil a couple cups of water.
- Once the boil starts reduce the heat to low and slowly add one pound of butter until it’s completely melted.
- Next add one ounce of fully dried and cured cannabis. I find it helps to thoroughly grind the buds.
- Add a lid and stir every ten minutes for three hours. Add a little hot water if needed.
- At the three hour mark place a piece of cheese cloth across a bowl and secure it.
- Pour the butter/water mixture through the cheese cloth to separate out the plant material.
- Dispose of the plant material and place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- In the morning the butter will have solidified on the top of the water and will be easy to remove.
- Dispose of the waste water and use the cannabutter in any recipe that calls for butter. If your first attempt comes out too strong try using half regular butter and half cannabutter the next time.