Nothing like a creamy hot soup to warm you up on a cold day. This creamy sweet potato soup hits the spot, especially with the bacon bits!
So many ways to get the magic in the steamy satisfying bowl of comfort, from sautéing vegetables to canna croutons. The amount of oil canna-oil or butter is up to you, since soup is not an exact science you can add just the amount you want to consume. On a cold day there is nothing quite like a hot bowl of soup to warm you bones, and an infused soup to clear or mess with your head. In a good way! All the soups will last five days in the fridge, or can be frozen for up to six months.
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in sections
2-3 tablespoons canna-oil
3 scallions, chopped
3 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, drained of grease and chopped
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
½ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons half and half
3-4 cups stock, chicken or vegetable
- Place the potatoes in a large soup pot and cover with water by several inches. Simmer the sweet potato till very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a medium saucepan with the canna-oil. Sauté the scallions for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon to the pan and stir to absorb the canna-butter.
- In a small bowl combine the scallion and bacon and set aside.
- Place the cooked sweet potato in the bowl of your food processor and puree. Gradually add the remaining ingredients, ending with the stock, until completely smooth.
- Heat the soup before serving. Ladle into serving bowls and top with the scallion bacon garnish.
Originally Published by Herb